Other offices: London; Paris; Washington, DC; Sydney; Melbourne
Total staff: 18
Names to know for insolvency litigation funding: Patrick Coope, managing director for Australasia; senior counsel Rosemary Ioannou; counsel Tom McDonald
Assets under management: >US$4 billion
Percentage of assets devoted to insolvency cases: 5-15%
Minimum/maximum claim size: US$10 million/no maximum
Examples of cases:
- Funding a UK-based insolvency practitioner in respect of claims against the former shareholders and directors of the insolvent company for, among other things, transactions defrauding creditors, transactions at undervalue, misfeasance and wrongful trading
- Funding a claim by Australian liquidators of a mining company for recovery of a AU$120 million intercompany loan.
- Funding a claim by Australian liquidators of a financial services business for audit negligence.
- Funding claims arising out of one of the largest European insolvencies in recent years, quantum US$100 million.
- Claim by Australian liquidators of a financial services business against former directors for breach of duty, quantum AU$90 million.