1. Use of Website
- 1.1.1 For individual subscribers, the service on this website at www.globalrestructuringreview.com (the "Website") is provided to you for your personal use, on a single PC or PC Network only, and subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.1.2 For corporate subscribers, the Website is provided for the personal use of principals and employees only and subject to these Terms and Conditions. Corporate subscribers are obliged to ensure that those making use of the Website strictly adhere to these Terms and Conditions and do not disseminate the contents to unauthorised parties.
- 1.2 Users of the Website ("You") may not sell on or sublet the service or any content contained in the service on the Website. You must not licence any third party to make use of the Website.
- 1.3 You may only use the Website for lawful purposes. In particular you may not use the Website:
- 1.3.1 transmit any content that is disruptive, uncivil, abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, unlawful, harassing, defamatory, or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person;
- 1.3.2 transmit any material that you do not have a right to transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secret or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary obligations (as in nondisclosure agreements);
- 1.3.3 transmit any file that contains viruses, corrupted files, "Trojan Horses," or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else''s computer or our systems;
- 1.3.4 Use any automated means, including without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access, monitor, copy or harvest data from any part of the Website;
- 1.3.5 In contravention of the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
- 1.4 You acknowledge that we accept no liability for any services or other material provided to you through the Website where such services and/or material is provided by third parties who provide content to the service or whose services and/or materials are hypertext linked from and to the website.
- 1.5 You agree to indemnify fully and to hold us indemnified from and against any claim brought by a third party resulting from your use of the Website and in respect of all losses, costs, actions, claims, expenses or liabilities whatsoever suffered or incurred directly by us in consequence of your breach or non-observance of these terms.
2. Website Availability We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse to provide access to the Website.
3. Limitation of Liability
- 3.1 The Website and its contents are provided by on an "as is" basis and without any warranties or guarantees of any kind including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of satisfactory quality, accuracy, or, fitness for a particular purpose. You must bear the risks associated with the use of the Internet.
- 3.2 In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
- 3.2.1 incompatibility of the Website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links;
- 3.2.2 technical problems including errors or interruptions of the Website;
- 3.2.3 unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the Website; and
- 3.2.4 inadequacy of the Website to meet your requirements.
- 3.3 To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the Website.
- 3.4 We do not guarantee delivery of any news alert.
4. Submitting text for publication on Global Restructuring Review
- 4.1 Users of our site may submit material for publication in various areas of the site, including our online news and events diary. We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by us and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy.
- 4.2 If You want to submit material to us for publication on www.globalrestructuringreview.com, You may do so on the following terms and conditions:
- 4.2.1 Publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication.
- 4.2.2 You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to use, edit, alter, adapt, translate, copy, publish, continue to publish or republish the submission (and/or unedited, adapted or translated version of it or part of it) ("the Work") and/or to sell or otherwise communicate or distribute the Work as part of an edited compilation or in any way howsoever. The licence is capable of sub-licence unlimited in the use to which we may put the Work and exist whether or not the author is a subscriber. If You wish to reproduce any Work which we have altered or edited we reserve the right to make a charge.
- 4.2.3 You warrant to us that the Work is your own original work, unless otherwise stated and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights.
- 4.2.4 You warrant that the Work is not obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal.
- 4.2.5 You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
- 4.3 Commissioned work which will be subject to a written contract.
- 4.4 We appreciate that we have an international audience, but since we publish content in English, the language of submissions to the site should also be English.
- 4.5 We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright. We understand that you may wish to quote from external sources, but it's definitely better to post a short quote or synopsis and a link to the original article.
- 4.6 If You have suggestions or questions about any aspect of community participation on www.globalrestructuringreview.com, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Intellectual Property Unless otherwise noted, the content of the Website, including all images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips and written materials are protected by copyright, trade marks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may not reproduce, modify copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Website (or downloaded from the Website) without our written permission.
- 5.1 We reserve the right to remove your access completely if we believe you are abusing the services in any way.
6. Force Majeure Neither party shall be liable to the other, for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the other party due to any cause beyond the first party's reasonable control including without limitation any power failure and the actions of internet service providers and users.
7. No Waiver Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any right conferred shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof or of any other right on any later occasion.
8. Variation of these Terms We reserve the right to vary these terms from time to time.
9. Bribery We warrant that we do not engage in bribery, do not direct, authorise or knowingly permit any person who acts on our behalf or provide services to us to engage in bribery and we will not at any time engage in or direct, authorise or knowingly permit a person on our behalf or providing services to us to engage in bribery.
10. Law These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with, and the provision of the service on the Website shall be governed by, English law.
- 11.1 If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- 11.3 You give consent that all personal data you submit may be processed and retained by us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not disclose or make available such data to any other party.
- 11.4 A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms Conditions but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- 11.5 If any provisions in these Terms and Conditions is invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
- 11.6 The Website is owned and operated by Law Business Research Limited a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at:
Company Number: 03281866
- 11.7 If you have any queries please contact Editor-in-chief David Samuels in our London office on +44 20 7908 1181 or by email: email@example.com.
87 Lancaster Road