Operating from 27 offices across Asia Pacific, EMEA and North America, Herbert Smith Freehills is at the heart of the new global business landscape providing premium quality, full-service legal advice. We provide many of the world’s most important organisations with access to market-leading dispute resolution, projects and transactional legal advice, combined with expertise in a number of global industry sectors, including energy, natural resources, infrastructure, technology and financial services. The firm is one of the largest fully integrated law firms in Asia Pacific with 1,390 lawyers, including 214 partners operating across 13 offices.
Herbert Smith Freehills is known for our global depth and expertise in restructuring, turnaround and insolvency (RTI) and capacity to handle complex corporate restructures and turnarounds. Across Asia Pacific, the firm has the powerful combination of:
- an RTI team of specialists providing seamless, cross-border support for our clients;
- experience across all industries that have recently gone through financial distress (e.g. real estate, retail, manufacturing, resources, agribusiness and tourism);
- panel appointments to each of Australia’s major trading banks;••the lion’s share of work in debt trading and distressed debt markets, consistently for the last six years; and
- involvement in every significant restructuring in the region achieving and receiving extensive media and leading market recognition.
Our team have received the following accolades:
- Winner of the Insolvency and Restructuring Deal of the Year at the Australasian Law Awards for each of the years listed below: Arrium Group Insolvency 2017; Mirabela Restructure and Recapitalisation 2015; Nine Entertainment Group Restructure 2013; Centro Restructure 2012; and Alinta Energy Restructure 2011.
161 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: +61 2 9225 5000
Fax: +61 2 9322 4000